About Rare Books Digest
Rare Books Digest is an educational and informational site on rare, old and antiquarian books. It is the home of the Rare Books Sale Monitor (RBSM), a data analysis and reporting service focusing on current rare book market trends.
The site is supported by contributions from academic and business institutions and individuals. We employ a group of data warehouse engineers that collect, organize and analyze rare book sales from a variety of channels. The results of this analysis are posted quarterly as part of our RBSM feature report.
Our articles include works on various rare book topics by international experts. We have recently posted contributions by the following writers:
- Liz Sekkes – Partner, rare book dealer.
- Eleni Kovaiou - Philologist, head department of rare books, University of Crete.
- Tom Lupient – Book historian and freelance writer. The Bookworm.
- Andre Chevalier – Teacher, Georges Duby High School.
- Laurent Ferri - Curator, pre-1800 Collections Division of Rare Books and Manuscripts, Kroch Library (Cornell).
- Alexandros Deligiorgis – Bibliodesia Athens, Greece.
- Admin – James Sekkes, Data Scientist, Bibliophile.